#GlobalNews: “Alec Baldwin criticizes publisher of his new memoir for ‘SEVERAL typos and errors’ – National”
Alec Baldwin’s latest feud is with HarperCollins for including “SEVERAL typos and errors” in the published version of his new memoir, Nevertheless.
The actor’s memoir came out on Tuesday and he shared some complaints in a Facebook post.
Baldwin wrote that the finished work had typos and other errors and complained that HarperCollins had failed “to do a proper and forensic edit.”
READ MORE: Alec Baldwin, Dana Brunetti feud over underage actress claims in Twitter exchange
The 59-year-old actor promised to compile a list of revisions, along with material that didn’t make it into the book.
He took to a page on Facebook that was specially set up for the book and wrote: “Welcome to the NEVERTHELESS Facebook page. This site presents me, and the reader as well, the opportunity to read supplemental material that did not make it to the original edition of my memoir, either due to the publisher’s deadline, the perceived flow of the book or the author’s poor memory.”
Baldwin wrote that he was “more than a little surprised” to see the number of typos and errors throughout the published version.
The 30 Rock star says that his memoir is lacking exclusive photographs and “entire chapters” worth of essays which didn’t make the cut.
WATCH BELOW: Alec Baldwin Vs. Dana Brunetti
He added, “After I post these corrections, I will offer essays on film, politics, actors/actresses and anything else that I did not address in the original book. Maybe even entire chapters that did not reveal themselves earlier on.”
One clarification he noted: when he said he was “in love” with Tina Fey and Kate McKinnon, he didn’t mean romantically. He is in love with their talent.
READ MORE: Alec Baldwin fast forwards to the future as Donald Trump on SNL
This is Baldwin’s second public feud this week involving the new memoir.
On Wednesday night, Baldwin and Fifty Shades of Grey producer Dana Brunetti spent hours engaging in a Twitter war.
In the book, Baldwin claims that when he shot the 2006 film Mini’s First Time, he was misled by the producers about the age of his co-star Nikki Reed, who was 16 at the time.
“I was 47, and it never occurred to me to ask how old Nikki Reed was. When I found out, just as we finished, that she was 17, I flipped out on the producers, who had told me something different,” Baldwin writes.
Brunetti claimed that Baldwin was fully aware that Reed was underage throughout the course of filming. The film’s director, Nick Guthe, as well as another producer, Evan Astrowsky, backed Brunetti’s claim in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter.
Baldwin refused to back down and went after Brunetti on Twitter in a lengthy back-and-forth exchange.
— With files from The Associated Press
© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
Note: “Previously Published on: 7 April 2017 | 3:30 pm, as ‘Alec Baldwin criticizes publisher of his new memoir for ‘SEVERAL typos and errors’ – National’ on GLOBALNEWS CANADA. Here is a source link for the Article’s Image(s) and Content”.