#GlobalNews: « Chipotle in Ohio linked to more than 100 reports of food poisoning – National » #Toronto #Montreal #Calgary #Ottawa #Canada
More than 100 individuals mentioned that they had fallen sick after consuming at a Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc restaurant in Ohio, sending shares of the burrito chain down as a lot as 9 per cent on Tuesday.
The prospects mentioned they suffered from meals poisoning and diarrhea after consuming dishes together with tacos and burrito bowls on the Powell metropolis restaurant over the previous few days, based on meals security web site iwaspoisoned.com.
READ MORE: 9 extra instances of salmonella reported in Canada after No Name hen burgers recalled
The Delaware General Health District, which is investigating the meals security incident, advised Reuters the county well being division had bought greater than 100 calls since receiving the primary grievance linked to the restaurant on Sunday.
Public data officer Traci Whittaker mentioned the division was investigating meals samples from the outlet, however continues to be not conscious of the pathogen that prompted the sicknesses.
WATCH: Foods to keep away from when consuming out so that you don’t get sick
The experiences come simply after the company had routinely inspected the restaurant on July 26 and located that lettuce and beans weren’t saved on the proper temperature. However, the infractions have been instantly corrected, Whittaker mentioned.
Chipotle shut the restaurant on Monday after it obtained complaints of sickness from two prospects, Laurie Schalow, the corporate’s chief communications officer, mentioned in an electronic mail.
“We acted quickly and closed this single restaurant out of an abundance of caution yesterday. We are working with the local health department and we plan to reopen this restaurant today,” Schalow mentioned on Tuesday.
The Powell outlet mentioned in a telephone name that it was working to get the restaurant open by Tuesday afternoon.
WATCH: Should you be throwing out your Romaine lettuce?
The information is one other setback to the corporate, which was recovering from a collection of high-profile meals security lapses in 2015 that sickened greater than 100 prospects with E. coli and salmonella and bruised Chipotle’s fame and inventory value.
It can be the primary main meals security concern underneath new Chief Executive Brian Niccol as he works to carry again prospects to the Mexican meals chain that when was an investor darling. The inventory traded over $700 simply two months earlier than the 2015 meals security incidents.
READ MORE: 5 summer season meals poisoning dangers and the best way to keep away from them
“If this story gains traction, it might have more serious implications for the stock. It certainly, at this point, is a negative. I think it is something the CEO should address,” Maxim Group analyst Stephen Anderson mentioned.
The firm’s shares have been down 5.6 p.c at $439.60, erasing beneficial properties made since Chipotle reported stronger-than-expected revenue and same-restaurant gross sales for its second quarter on Thursday.
Note: « Previously Published on: 2018-07-31 15:33:55, as ‘Chipotle in Ohio linked to greater than 100 experiences of meals poisoning – National’ on GLOBALNEWS CANADA. Here is a supply hyperlink for the Article’s Image(s) and Content ».