#GlobalNews: « ‘Rush Hour 4:’ Jackie Chan says ‘we just agreed’ to a script – National »
Fans are finally closer than ever to witnessing detectives Carter and Lee back in action.
In an interview with Power 106’s The Cruz Show, Jackie Chan revealed that a third sequel to the Rush Hour franchise is in the works.
“For the last seven years, we’ve been turning down the script, turning down the script,” Chan says. “Yesterday, we just agreed. The script probably at the end of this month will have a second draft, and next year, probably [we will] start. I hope — if Chris Tucker agrees.”
READ MORE: Harvey Weinstein responds to sexual harassment claims, plans to take legal action
“It’s not about money. It’s about time to make [it],” Chan adds. “Rush Hour 4, we’re all, like, old men. I told Chris Tucker, ‘Before we get old, please, let’s do Rush Hour 4.’”
The original Rush Hour was released in 1998 and saw Chan and Tucker as a police duo who clashed over culture and investigative styles. The film launched two sequels, Rush Hour 2 in 2001 and Rush Hour 3 in 2007.
Fans of the Rush Hour franchise took to Twitter after news of the new script spread.
READ MORE: PartyNextDoor arrested for drug possession in New York
In 2012, Tucker told Vulture that he wanted to get back in front of the camera alongside Chan.
“Rush Hour 4, we’re looking into it, me and Jackie,” Tucker said. “We’re trying to get it going, so we’re developing something, so hopefully we’ll get something in.”
Chan will next be seen in The Foreigner, which hits theatres Oct. 13.
© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
Note: « Previously Published on: 6 October 2017 | 6:36 pm, as ‘‘Rush Hour 4:’ Jackie Chan says ‘we just agreed’ to a script – National’ on GLOBALNEWS CANADA. Here is a source link for the Article’s Image(s) and Content ».