“The White House, Congress, businesses, and even Democrats outside of Washington agree that regulatory relief is absolutely vital for an effective economic recovery,” said David McIntosh, President of Club for Growth. “We need to create an economic environment that will allow rapid rehiring, and that begins with cutting unnecessary red tape. We’d like to thank Senator Blackburn and Congressman Chabot for leading on this issue that will be vital to a successful recovery”
Contact Joe Kildea (JKildea@ClubForGrowth.org) to arrange an interview with Club for Growth President David McIntosh.
Sen. Marsha Blackburn led the Senate letter which was also signed by 27 other Senators. The Senate letter can be found here.
Sen. Blackburn authored a May 7 Business Insider OpEd on the need to cut red tape to help the economy following the Coronavirus pandemic.
Rep. Steve Chabot led the letter in the House of Representatives which was signed by 82 other Members. The House letter can be found here.
Club for Growth’s Work On Regulatory Relief
- Click here to read David McIntosh’s Fox Business OpEd on Regulatory Relief
- Click here to read Club for Growth Policy and Polling – Reigniting the Economy and Restoring Jobs Through Regulatory Relief.
- Click here to read coverage of Club for Growth Leading on Cutting Red Tape & Reigniting the Economy.
- Click here to read about the Cut Red Tape Coalition
- Click here to read the Club for Growth statement applauding the White House for pursuing regulatory relief.
Club for Growth Polling On Regulatory Relief
- 66% Support and 34% Oppose Congress giving President Trump the authority to waive costly regulatory requirements on American businesses in order to speed the economic recovery from the coronavirus epidemic. This has the support of 91% of Republicans, 62% of Independents, and 45% of Democrats.
- 74% Support and 26% Oppose the federal government simplifying the permitting process for infrastructure projects, removing some environmental review requirements that can take years to complete, and allowing new infrastructure projects to pay competitive, market-set wages so that they can employ the maximum number of people. This has the support of majorities of every party; 90% Republicans, 69% of Independents, and 64% of Democrats.
Senator Blackburn is joined in this effort by Senators Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), Kelly Loeffler (R-Ga.), Ted Cruz (R-Texas), Steve Daines (R-Mont.), David Perdue (R-Ga.), Joni Ernst (R-Iowa), Pat Toomey (R-Pa.), Rick Scott (R-Fla.), Mike Braun (R-Ind.), Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), Rand Paul (R-Ky.), Thom Tillis (R-N.C.), Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.), Jerry Moran (R-Kan.), Mike Rounds (R-S.D.), John Hoeven (R-N.D.), Deb Fischer (R-Neb.), Mike Crapo (R-Idaho), James Risch (R-Idaho), Mike Enzi (R-Wyo.), Mike Lee (R-Utah), James Inhofe (R-Okla.), John Boozman (R-Ark.), John Barrasso (R-Wyo.), Pat Roberts (R-Kan.), Dan Sullivan (R-Alaska), and Ben Sasse (R-Neb.).
Chabot is joined on the letter by Representatives Troy Balderson (R-OH), Chuck Fleischmann (R-TN), Mark Walker (R-NC), Steve King (R-IA), Bob Gibbs (R-OH), Pete Stauber (R-MN), Roger Williams (R-TX), Scott Perry (R-PA), Robert Latta (R-OH), Ken Buck (R-CO), Chris Stewart (R-UT), W. Gregory Steube (R-FL), Ben Cline (R-VA), Paul A. Gosar, D.D.S (R-AZ), Ron Wright (R-TX), Kevin Hern (R-OK), Scott DesJarlais (R-TN), Randy K. Weber (R-TX), Ross Spano (R-FL), Ralph Norman (R-SC), Denver Riggleman (R-VA), Doug Lamborn (R-CO), James Comer (R-KY), Bill Flores (R-TX), Alex Mooney (R-WV), Chip Roy (R-TX), Steve Stivers (R-OH), Ann Wagner (R-MO), John Joyce (R-PA), Jim Banks (R-IN), Ted Budd (R-NC), Tom McClintock (R-CA), David B. McKinley, P.E. (R-WV), Van Taylor (R-TX), Jeff Duncan (R-SC), Phil Roe, M.D. (R-TN), Fred Keller (R-PA), Bill Johnson (R-OH), Barry Loudermilk (R-GA), David Kustoff (R-TN), Mike Gallagher (R-WI), Warren Davidson (R-OH), Ted S. Yoho, D.V.M (R-FL), Tim Walberg (R-MI), Russ Fulcher (R-ID), Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA), Brian Babin (R-TX), Steve Watkins (R-KS), Tim Burchett (R-TN), Andy Biggs (R-AZ), Michael Cloud (R-TX), Doug Collins (R-GA), Brad R. Wenstrup (R-OH), Dan Meuser (R-PA), Roger Marshall, M.D. (R-KS), Jason Smith (R-MO), Dan Newhouse (R-WA), Glenn Grothman (R-WI), Bill Posey (R-FL), Jack Bergman (R-MI), Tom Emmer (R-MN), Virginia Foxx (R-NC), William Timmons (R-SC), Debbie Lesko (R-AZ), Lance Gooden (R-TX), Matt Gaetz (R-FL), Greg Gianforte (R-MT), Trent Kelly (R-MS), Dan Bishop (R-NC), Jody Hice (R-GA), David P. Joyce (R-OH), Jim Jordan (R-OH), Carol D. Miller (R-WV), Pete Olson (R-TX), Gary Palmer (R-AL), Anthony Gonzalez (R-OH), David Rouzer (R-NC), Mike Bost (R-IL), Doug LaMalfa (R-CA), Tom Cole (R-OK), Michael Guest (R-MS), and Brett Guthrie (R-KY).