“President Trump recognizes the economic burden excessive regulation places on job growth,” said David McIntosh, President of Club for Growth. “Already, the Trump Administration has taken massive deregulatory actions to create the Trump economic boom. Identifying regulations to suspend, making some suspended regulations permanent, and preventing federal over-enforcement to allow good-faith compliance are all cornerstones of the Club for Growth’s proposal to cut red tape, and we thank President Trump for making them the centerpiece of his Executive Order.”
Club for Growth’s Work On Regulatory Relief
- Click here to read David McIntosh’s Fox Business OpEd on Regulatory Relief.
- Click here to read Club for Growth Policy and Polling – Reigniting the Economy and Restoring Jobs Through Regulatory Relief.
- Click here to read coverage of Club for Growth Leading on Cutting Red Tape & Reigniting the Economy.
- Click here to read about the Cut Red Tape Coalition.
- Click here to read the Club for Growth statement applauding the White House for pursuing regulatory relief.
- Click here to read Club for Growth’s statement applauding Congress for pushing to cut red tape.
Club for Growth Polling On Regulatory Relief
- 66% Support and 34% Oppose Congress giving President Trump the authority to waive costly regulatory requirements on American businesses in order to speed the economic recovery from the coronavirus epidemic. This has the support of 91% of Republicans, 62% of Independents, and 45% of Democrats.
- 74% Support and 26% Oppose the federal government simplifying the permitting process for infrastructure projects, removing some environmental review requirements that can take years to complete, and allowing new infrastructure projects to pay competitive, market-set wages so that they can employ the maximum number of people. This has the support of majorities of every party; 90% Republicans, 69% of Independents, and 64% of Democrats.