“We thank President Trump for taking bold action with another Executive Order waiving the Endangered Species Act and the National Environmental Policy Act to get our country back to work faster instead of wasting time and money on unnecessary red tape,” said Club for Growth President David McIntosh. “These reforms are supported by 74% of Americans and 64% of Democrats, and Club for Growth will continue working closely with the Trump Administration, Congress, business, and other organizations on further deregulatory steps to encourage growth.”
Contact Joe Kildea (JKildea@ClubForGrowth.org) to arrange an interview with Club for Growth President David McIntosh.
Club for Growth Polling On Regulatory Relief
- 66% Support and 34% Oppose Congress giving President Trump the authority to waive costly regulatory requirements on American businesses in order to speed the economic recovery from the coronavirus epidemic. This has the support of 91% of Republicans, 62% of Independents, and 45% of Democrats.
- 74% Support and 26% Oppose the federal government simplifying the permitting process for infrastructure projects, removing some environmental review requirements that can take years to complete, and allowing new infrastructure projects to pay competitive, market-set wages so that they can employ the maximum number of people. This has the support of majorities of every party; 90% Republicans, 69% of Independents, and 64% of Democrats.
Club for Growth’s Work On Regulatory Relief
- Click here to read David McIntosh in The Hill discussing rolling back National Environmental Policy Act
- Click here to read David McIntosh’s OpEd in RealClear Politics praising President Trump’s first Executive Order cutting red tape.
- Click here to read David McIntosh’s Fox Business OpEd on regulatory relief
- Click here to read the OpEd on regulatory relief co-authored by David McIntosh and CEI’s Kent Lassman
- Click here to read Club for Growth Policy and Polling – Reigniting the Economy and Restoring Jobs Through Regulatory Relief.
- Click here to read coverage of Club for Growth Leading on Cutting Red Tape & Reigniting the Economy.
- Click here to read about the Cut Red Tape Coalition
- Click here to read the Club for Growth statement on President Trump’s first Executive Order to cut red tape.