- Click here to read David McIntosh’s Washington Examiner OpEd, excerpts follow.
- Click here to learn about Club for Growth Action’s October parental choice ads in Pennsylvania
- Click here to read Club for Growth’s memo on Emergency Parental Choice Grants.
- Click here to read select past press coverage of Club for Growth leading the push for parental choice.
- Click here to watch Club for Growth Action’s August television ads in Arizona, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin on parental choice.
Please contact Club for Growth Action Vice President of Communications Joe Kildea (JKildea@ClubForGrowth.org) for more information.
We deserve a debate on parental school choice
By David McIntosh, Washington Examiner
Since the beginning of the 2020 presidential campaign, Joe Biden made it clear that he was running to the left of former President Barack Obama. On every issue, from taxes to the Green New Deal, Biden has wrapped his arms around the radical leftist wing of the Democratic Party.
And while voters are seemingly more focused on personalities as opposed to policies this election season, there is one stance that could cost Biden and Harris as well as other Democrats the election: opposition to parental school choice.
But with the coronavirus pandemic, school closures, and bureaucrats obviously playing politics at the expense of our children, parental school choice increasingly seems like a good option for more families across the country. And according to polling, it’s an issue that could move a significant number of key voter blocs from Democrat to Republican.
According to Club for Growth PAC polling in Arizona, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania, all key swing states, 55% of suburban moms, 52% of all independents, and 54% of Hispanics are more likely to vote against Biden once they learn he has taken the position of closing down schools and denying parents alternatives.
This is the most important issue facing many families right now. Voters deserve a robust and thoughtful debate on parental school choice. Biden and Harris have made their blind support of education bureaucrats clear, putting politics above students. Voters deserve to know.
PAID FOR BY CLUB FOR GROWTH ACTION AND NOT AUTHORIZED BY ANY CANDIDATE OR CANDIDATE’S COMMITTEE. (202) 955-5500